Thursday, July 5, 2012

MW3 DLC, NEW map available soon!

Well, it was bound to happen eventually. MW3 is going to be.incorporating another map this month, a favorite by all that played MW2. Terminal is going to be available soon, and I for one just want to see how it looks and feels on the new Modern Warfare.
I have been playing some of the new maps lately on 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3, along with Oasis on both Free for All and Team Deathmatch. One thing I have noticed, is that the DLC seems to run a bit better than some of the other maps. Could this be because more time was spent on the gameplay rather than the beautification of the map? I don't think so, it seems that they started packing more into smaller areas while keeping quality as a top priority. While playing through Oasis, I have noticed there are some areas that are not thought out though. In one part, you can hide behind a small potted plant, and if you are seen and shot at, the plant magically absorbs bullets. This could be an easy fix, but whether the company hears about this or not is what will be the deciding factor. I myself could care less, as the game is there for fun for me, though others may want to find the area and figure out what to do with it. I find Aground to be a great map for both snipers and runners. I have tried.both out, and enjoyed the game play in both aspects. I like the fact that there is an open hull you.can run through in the.middle of the ship. This can reduce the sniper positions drastically, as you constantly have to keep your head on a swivel. With some of the other small maps, such as lookout, I get a crowded feel. The map is spread with many different levels, via a hill, or on top of a bunker, one can find themselves getting chewed up and spit out easily. Claymores and bouncing Bettys work well on the map, due to the claustrophobic nature that comes from running through the bunkers. The long open areas provide range for a nice assault rifle package. My personal favorite is the SCAR, using a red dot sight, and stability. Erosion is probably my least favorite map out of all of the DLC. It has long corridors for sniper positions and also tight multilevel corners. Some like this above most of the others, but in my opinion it was the least thought out. There are levels you cannot reach, multiple lines of sight from one interior position that is perfect for sniping. If you and you team can hold the interior tower, you win the game. I find this type of headquarter camping to be no fun to play against, and that's the reason I play games. Getaway is a nice run and gun map. With different levels inside and outside the map, no game ever really gets boring. I like using a shotgun and submachine gun combo on this map, I get range and power just when I need it thanks to the Sleight of Hand perk. Overall, I can't say I was as impressed with this map pack as I was with some earlier versions of Modern Warfare. Hopefully Terminal will bring back good memories, and help prop up some of these maps. My rating 7. Not the worst, but needs something more. Keep on gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment